The student news site of Connally High School

Cadet Gazette Online

Dallas Cowboys’ rise in the NFL

Amaya Money

More stories from Amaya Money

The Dallas Cowboys were known for their poor plays and a vulnerable quarterback. But this year, after replacing a few players, the Cowboys’ reputation in the NFL has turned around.

Backup Quarterback Tony Romo played for the Cowboys since 2004. With numerous touchdowns also came with numerous injuries. In 2016, head coach Jason Garrett decided it was time for a new quarterback, that’s when Dak Prescott came into the picture.

I think Prescott is a very talented and driven young man that made the most of an opportunity that was given to him,” head coach Shane Anderson said. “He would not have been able to do it without a great work ethic and god given talent.”

Senior Ronnie Briscoe said Tony Romo shouldn’t play at all.

“I feel like Romo should stay on the sideline because the Cowboys have made a dramatic change since Romo has been on the sideline and Dak has been starting,” he said.

As the Cowboys are getting ready to play the Green-Bay Packers this Sunday, Packer fan and Connally alumni Austin Olivo said the Packers are an entirely different team since they last played the Cowboys on Oct. 16.

“The packers are an entirely different team since they played the Cowboys last. The Packers went from 4-6 and a low chance to making the playoffs to 10-6 and winning the NFC North and clinching a playoff spot,” he said.

Senior Kristian Evans said the Cowboys will make it to the SuperBowl.

“I feel like the Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl because running back Ezekiel Elliott and quarterback Dak Prescott are an unstoppable duo,” he said.